Airbus continues to shape the future of aerospace
From June 19th through June 25th, Airbus proudly returned to Le Bourget for the Paris Air Show. The air show - undoubtedly among the world’s most important - is organized by the French aerospace industry’s representative body, Groupement des industries françaises aéronautiques et spatiales (GIFAS), and held every odd-numbered year, but was on pause in 2021 due to the pandemic.
In this comeback 2023 edition, Airbus showcased innovations, products and services both on ground and in the sky. Paris also set the stage for announcements on projects that will help drive the industry’s transition towards decarbonisation and enable security and stability.
The headline announcements included:
- EcoPulse, a distributed hybrid-electric propulsion aircraft demonstrator - jointly developed by Airbus, Daher and Safran - in an effort to advance technology “techno-bricks” that can contribute to the decarbonisation efforts of the aviation industry.
- IndiGo, India’s largest airline by market share, placed a firm order for 500 A320 Family aircraft, setting the record for the largest single purchase agreement in the history of commercial aviation.
- Airbus recapped advances made on hydrogen-based propulsion technologies that are at the heart of ZEROe, our low-carbon emission aircraft concept.
- Mexican ultra-low-cost airline and all-Airbus operator, Volaris, disclosed 25 A321neo from a purchase agreement signed in October 2022. These aircraft will support the airline’s continuous fleet renewal and expansion, powered by Pratt & Whitney engines.
- Air India firmed up its order for 250 Airbus aircraft and selected an Airbus maintenance and digital package to power the airline’s transformation and growth strategy.
- Airbus Flight Academy Europe, signed a MoU with AURA AERO, an aircraft manufacturer specialized in fully-electric designs, to jointly approach decarbonisation for pilot training by introducing electric-powered aircraft for the formation of commercial and military pilots.
For more information contact: