Airbus makes a positive impact in its communities
Making a positive impact in the communities where Airbus operates is now easier than ever thanks to the launch of the +impact. The digital platform provides employees with a dedicated space to connect, donate and volunteer for organizations that protect the future of our planet, support vulnerable communities and develop the future generation.
Launched by Airbus in cooperation with the Airbus Foundation, the new platform (pronounced “positive impact”), brings Airbus' global Community Impact strategy to life by gathering all its initiatives in a single, easy, one-stop platform.
Since its kick off on November 9, Airbus employees have raised nearly $80,000. Donations for nearly 50 eligible projects were matched by Airbus.
In Latin America, Airbus has been proud to support six community partners over the course of the year.
1. CIEDS (Center of Integrated Studies & Program of Sustainable Development) promotes social solutions in Brazil that generate support via health, better education and greater confidence in the future. The Airbus Foundation partnered with CIEDS to deploy Discovery Space, which allows Airbus mentor- volunteers to work with local children from underrepresented communities on aerospace-focused STEM curriculum supporting their personal and academic development.
2. Fondo Unido/United Way in Mexico aims to improve quality of life by mobilizing the power of the community with the objective of reaching common good. Since 2019, the Airbus Foundation has deployed the Discovery Space program with Fondo Unido to support children at an underprivileged school, aiming to inspire them to stay in school, spark their interest in STEM and empower them to seize opportunities.
3. Fundación Avina is a Latin American Foundation that works to drive collaborative processes that bring about systemic changes in favor of human dignity and care for the planet. In 2022, Airbus partnered with Fundación Avina and its partners to mobilize citizens and employee volunteers to carry out ecological restoration actions, including native reforestation to recover degraded soils. Airbus teams in Santiago, Buenos Aires and Mexico City participated in multiple reforestation volunteering events, resulting in the planting of 150 trees and 1 urban garden in a poverty area.
4. TECHO is a youth-led NGO active across 19 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. TECHO seeks to overcome poverty through collaborative work between community leaders, resident families and volunteers, notably through the construction of dignified housing for families in need. Airbus partnered with TECHO to mobilize Airbus employee volunteers to help build transitional housing and implement social inclusion programs for families living in extreme poverty. Airbus teams in Sao Paulo and Santiago volunteered their time to build three emergency homes.
5. TREMENDAS seeks to connect, empower and foster the talents of girls, adolescents and young women between the ages of 12 and 25. The NGO takes action towards societies where gender equality, social justice and climate justice are law. In 2022, Airbus partnered with Tremendas on the Atómicas project, which provides an educational space for girls and young women to engage in STEM from an early age. Airbus volunteers participated in ‘talks’ on STEM and their careers and also mentored a cohort of students. Empower Latin American girls and young women in STEM. Over the course of November and December, Spanish speaking employees from throughout Airbus have volunteered their time to mentor 200 of girls ages 12 through 25 in the subjects of STEM issues.
6. United Way Colombia aims to connect people, companies and organizations to improve the quality of education in Colombia and encourage youth to stay in school.
You don't have to work at Airbus to get involved. The +impact platform allows those outside of Airbus to make a positive impact too. To help protect the environment, support vulnerable communities and develop our youth, explore the external site of +impact here.